This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Follow us on Twitter @buckeyeplanet and @bp_recruiting, like us on Facebook! Enjoy a post or article, recommend it to others! BP is only as strong as its community, and we only promote by word of mouth, so share away!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Consider registering! Fewer and higher quality ads, no emails you don't want, access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Even if you just want to lurk, there are a lot of good reasons to register!
    Dismiss Notice

2005 '05 OH DL Antwon Hight (Akron signee)

Discussion in 'Football Recruiting' started by Buckskin86, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Buckskin86

    Buckskin86 Moderator

    [​IMG]

    http://ohiostate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=27957

    http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&yr=2005&nid=1125164

    Canton (OH)
    McKinley
    Strongside defensive end

    Height: 6-foot-3
    Weight: 265 pounds
    40-yard dash: 4.95 seconds
    Stats: 83 tackles as a junior in '03

    Bio Notes: An all-county and honorable mention all-Ohio selection his junior season.

    Schools in the Running: Ohio State, Florida State, Michigan, Pittsburgh- tOSU is his favorite and has grown up a fan of the Bucks

    He will be at tOSU Nike and tOSU Summer camp

    Perhaps the best Dlineman in the state of Ohio this year. The only thing keeping him from a tOSU offer is his grades. But it sounds like this could be a significant problem. Duane Long feels he has the ability to play on Sunday's.
     
  2. CleveBucks

    CleveBucks Serenity now Staff Member

    Duane also feels there's absolutely zero chance he qualifies... supposedly he's not even trying to improve. You gotta wonder who's looking out for some of these kids.
     
  3. Buckskin86

    Buckskin86 Moderator

    Duane also feels there's absolutely zero chance he qualifies... supposedly he's not even trying to improve. You gotta wonder who's looking out for some of these kids.

    Yea- it doesn't sound very promising. What a shame considering the type of talent he has.
     
  4. LordJeffBuck

    LordJeffBuck Illuminatus Emeritus Staff Member

    According to Antwon:

    He also likes Michigan and West Virginia. He will try to camp at all three schools.

    Bill Kurelic on Antwon Hight (6/7/04)
     
  5. DaytonBuck

    DaytonBuck I've always liked them

    reports on bucknuts say that he's making some academic progress
     
  6. LordJeffBuck

    LordJeffBuck Illuminatus Emeritus Staff Member

    That's good to hear, because he is a tremendous talent. With Denlinger and Williams already in the fold, adding Hight would complete the Bucks DL needs for 2005; of course, if an OOS stud like Melvin Alaeze or Callahan Bright wanted to come aboard, Tressel would find room for him.
     
  7. gregorylee

    gregorylee I'd rather be napping!!

    Any possibility of FUMA, or just walking on? It is a little late for trying to improve his grade if they are as bad as incinuated I doubt summer school would help much. Anyone know if he could even gain admittance?
     
  8. Buckeye737

    Buckeye737 Sophmore

    If he can't get accepted academically through the football program, he'll have no way of getting admitted as a regular student. I also hope he goes JUCO or FUMA and keeps his love for the Buckeyes until his academics are straightened out.
     
  9. DaytonBuck

    DaytonBuck I've always liked them

    Bucknuts Free Link: http://ohiostate.theinsiders.com/2/265202.html
     
  10. Buckskin86

    Buckskin86 Moderator

    [​IMG]

    Nice to see how much he likes the Bucks. Hopefully his grades are really improving.

    He would be a great addition.

    In case you guys missed it, Antwon finished 7th in the discus this weekend (state finals)

    Here is his throw length with other Buck recruits

     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  11. "Nice to see how much he likes the Bucks. Hopefully his grades are really improving."


    Duane reiterated that it aint goint to happen. His grades are too low.
     
  12. LordJeffBuck

    LordJeffBuck Illuminatus Emeritus Staff Member

    Let's just wait and see....
     
  13. Buckskin86

    Buckskin86 Moderator

    [​IMG]

    Pic from Canton Rep
     
  14. Buckskin86

    Buckskin86 Moderator

    insiders premium

    He says there is a 60% chance he chooses tOSU and 40% he chooses scUM. :scum4:
     
  15. CleveBucks

    CleveBucks Serenity now Staff Member

    You mean a 100% chance he chooses FUMA
     

Share This Page