2017 Names to Watch:
Ohio State Friday Night Lights Camp - July 24th, 2015
- Mission Viejo (CA) WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (4*, #18 WR, #124 nationally). Offered by the Buckeyes all the way back in March of 2014. Keyshawn is the cousin of current Ohio State WR Michael Thomas, and of course the son of former Southern Cal great Keyshawn Johnson, Sr. Many believe this will be an OSU-USC battle, with Nebraska also being in the mix.
- Maple Heights (OH) WR JaVont'e Richardson (4*, #35 WR, #227 nationally). Richardson doesn't currently hold an offer from the Buckeyes, but many believe that could change Friday. If you are going to watch Friday Night Lights, this is definitely a prospect to pay attention to.
- Streetsboro (OH) WR Dakari Carter. This Division II 100-meter state champion (meet record 10.55 seconds) will likely be the fastest competitor on Friday night. Speed alone will not be able to earn him a Buckeye offer, but he is an intriguing prospect.
- Cincinnati (OH) Archbishop Moeller TE Matt Dotson (3*, #11 TE, #377 nationally). Offered by Ohio State after camping with the Buckeyes on June 13th. Also holds offers from Penn State, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, among others.
- Saint Joseph (MI) DE Corey Malone-Hatcher (4*, #11 WDE, #209 nationally). Offered by the Buckeyes in July, 2014. Michigan leads the Crystal Ball Predictions, but his appearance at Friday Night Lights can only be a positive for Ohio State.
- Clairton (PA) DB Lamont Wade (4*, #5 CB, #50 nationally). Lamont's father recently said Ohio State stands out above Penn State, Pitt, and West Virginia. The Buckeyes are definitely looking good in this recruiting battle.
- Plantation (FL) American Heritage DB Marco Wilson (4*, #14 CB, #149 nationally). Former teammate of current Buckeye QB Torrance Gibson. Wilson currently holds 15 offers, including Ohio State.
- Pittsburgh (PA) Seton-La Salle DB Paris Ford (4*, #6 S, #90 nationally). Offered by Ohio State in June and immediately named the Buckeyes his leader. Ford is yet another elite defensive back prospect who is high on Ohio State.
- Calabasas (CA) ATH Darnay Holmes (5*, #1 ATH, #15 nationally). Visited Ohio State in April of 2014 with Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and was offered by the Buckeyes a few weeks later. Although Holmes is ranked as an "athlete", he is expected to play cornerback at the college level.
- Suwanee (GA) Peachtree Ridge ATH Connor Heyward (3*, #46 ATH, #477 nationally). Connor is the brother of former Buckeye defensive lineman Cameron Heyward. He holds 7 offers, and is looking to earn one from Ohio State with a strong performance at Friday Night Lights.
- Hinesville (GA) Liberty County ATH Richard LeCounte (4*, #3 ATH, #43 nationally). Former high school teammate of current Buckeye linebacker Raekwon McMillan, whom he refers to as his brother. LeCounte was on campus this past weekend and his recruitment is shaping up to be an OSU/UGA battle, with the Buckeyes being a long-time favorite.
Follow us on Twitter @buckeyeplanet and @bp_recruiting, like us on Facebook! Enjoy a post or article, recommend it to others! BP is only as strong as its community, and we only promote by word of mouth, so share away!Dismiss Notice
Consider registering! Fewer and higher quality ads, no emails you don't want, access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Even if you just want to lurk, there are a lot of good reasons to register!Dismiss Notice